DIY Project - Pom Pom Garland
Christmas is just around the corner and everyone is decorating their homes for this favorite event! This is a simple DIY project to add to your festive decor. Or change the colors up and it can be decorations for a party, nursery, or anything imaginable. Follow the directions below then share photos on Instagram and tag me @trendypuku, so I can see what you made.
- Pom Pom maker (or any version of making pom poms)
- Measure out the length of string you want to fill with pom poms. I made mine two arm lengths.
- Using your pom pom making strategy, make a pom pom. Watch the video below to see how I make my pom poms. For years I wrapped the yarn around my fingers then tied it off, another option is to wrap the yarn around cardboard.
- Attach the pom poms to the long length of string. Spread them out as much as you like or keep them close together.
- Give the pom poms a haircut. The more you trim, the tighter of a pom pom you will get. The less you trim, the shaggier it will be. Be careful not to trim too much! My pom poms are very shaggy. I hardly did any trimming. I will probably give them a good haircut next year and maybe add more pom poms. That's the best part, you can do whatever you feel like!
I hope you found this tutorial helpful. Leave me a comment of what type of DIY project you would like to do next. Merry Christmas!