Fight Against Breast Cancer
It was my birthday on Tuesday and I am officially old, at least that is what some of my family is saying! To celebrate birthdays I see other shops run special sales and do giveaways, which is fun but after an internal debate I decided that I wanted to do something different. My birthday is pretty close to October which is known as Think Pink month. I have never experienced breast cancer directly, but I know some friends and family who have and I have heard stories about their journeys. It takes an intense amount of courage, strength, and hope to fight and survive any type of cancer. I am amazed and humbled to know men and women who have become brave warriors as they fought their own cancer battles.
Starting now and through October 31st, I have felted pink ribbons for sale in my shop. (You can click here to go directly to the listing.) These can be either pins or magnets, the choice is yours! For every ribbon purchased, I will donate $5 to the American Cancer Society . "Your money helps the American Cancer Society fund groundbreaking breast cancer research, provide free information and support, and help prevent breast cancer and find it earlier when it’s easier to treat. When you donate, you help save lives."
Since I am focusing on breast cancer, here are a few interesting facts from the National Breast Cancer Foundation:
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 246,660 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,600 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 440 will die each year.
- Over 2.8 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the United States today.
Thank you for your support and help. I am excited to work together and make a difference!